"NORMAL AROUND HERE IS JUST A SETTING ON THE DRYER"

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Working on our Website!

I can definitely tell you one solid thing about your new adopted dog if I foster it because every dog has something and Lila is going to be a good watch dog.
Lila is my boxer/lab foster saved from South Carolina. She is about 7 months old. I go see her new prospective home on Sunday and was relieved to hear he has a 6 foot stockade fence because she is a jumper, too. Yesterday, I ran down the street for five minutes to let a friend's dog out and Lila not only has succeeded to make the cat hole in the mbr screen window into a large "dog hole" to access not only "out" but "in" as well (you just take a running jump and launch up and HOOK IT, then scramble in using back legs) - she then cleared two four foot fences. Yup, there was Lila running between the yards as I pulled towards home. Of course she came right to me because the point is not to leave the shack, it's to find me. She is outside wrestling and playing right now. I feel bad sending her to a place with no other dog. Sad a lot of people only want one.

I never get on this blog as i feel i would have nothing to say, like how much could you say, how many new and funny things could happen in one's life, but you have actually missed so many and I feel guilty. I can't get you up to speed on the past whatever months, but i can the past week. I saved Calvin's life.

..and then I saved Cupcake's life.

I know I don't blog enough and you are thinking, omg this girl is careless and is going to kill her dogs - but it's not like that. Calvin is a little "slow" and I am ever diligent with him, which is probably why he is still alive right now and Cupcake....she's just Cupcake.

I finally got my fifteen minutes of vacuuming in, had no choice after Biscuit our old 150 lb mastiff peed the floor which sometimes happens when you're old, what can you do.

As cleaning goes, I changed the sheet on the chair in the process of the clean and and i glanced over and there is Calvin looking at me with his pretty usual expressionless face, except his mouth was open. It did cross my mind that Calvin really only opens his mouth he thinks food is coming and it was odd, but I had a lot to do and well....Calvin is odd. I move on with my chores, now I am in the kitchen trying to at least get the counter clear never mind the dishes, and i hear this slight gasping/choking sound. Calvin, the chair and then the sheet immediately flash into my mind and I run over and sure enough, there's poor Calvin - the one who comes from the Iams Food Company and lived in a little cage for seven years and only can do right hand turns has gotten his neck wrapped in the sheet that was hanging on the chair and has turned right so many times, he is choking!! I immediately picked him up and started spinning him left, but I feel like I am not doing it fast enough. I remember my husband is still home and is outside so i start screaming his name really loud and really hysterical. The kind no one wants to hear! LOL There are some things I can stay calm, but near death stuff, I FREAK. My not-happy husband comes flying out of the bathroom and I yell "Get a Knife!! Get a knife!" Now we have had a few incidents with our female pit bull girl, our baby girl, and he is thinking she is mauling Calvin behind the chair because that is where I am and he can't really see. He is thinking I want him to stab Asia!! (and we would never)...I would like to interject here that, after this incident, i was really really shook up, until my husband told me that part of what he was thinking when i yelled get a knife...and then i was hysterical laughing and it felt so good to laugh!

My husband comes running over and I yell "Calvin's choking!!" Like I said, sometimes I freak out and I was freaking out and, in my hysterics, i didn't realize I had unspun him enough and he could breathe. My husband had to tell me like three times before I really believed him and then I felt a lot better, but I was shaking really bad. And then he got a knife and cut the sheet off. I was so scared. I thought I was going to have to perform CPR on Calvin. I don't think my husband realized how serious it was until he saw the blood on the floor because Calvin's nose was bleeding. My poor cardboard Calvin. I am so glad I heard the choking sounds. My poor Calvin. Rick said he probably wishes he still lived at Iams. :(

CALVIN:

As if one near death experience wasn't enough in one week,I didn't want my dogs bothering the neighbor's as they were home and in their yard, so I enclosed all my dogs into the smaller yard close to me. Little Miss Cupcake is one long solid muscle and she can clear the three foot fence with very very little effort. She can clear the 4 foot rabbit fence in the back now from a standstill, too. I have shamed her back over three times now within fifteen seconds (thank God) hoping the idea of jumping that fence just gets out of her crazy head this crazy dog.

The view out my office window where I spend 80% of my life overlooks a large concrete slab from the 1960's that leads to a small grassy yard enclosed by a three foot fence. There are three gates in this small fenced area that open to the rest of the fenced acre. One small gate is straight ahead in my line of sight. It has a white metal arbor around it that had Christmas lites on it that I cut off of it when I saved it from the landfill. It is really pretty. Once a year, this big yellow bush that looks like a huge marigold blooms right next to it. Well usually the view is so pretty except this time it has Cupcake hanging off of by both legs yiping in pain!! I couldn't rip my headphones off fast enough to get to her and, as I got within 20 feet, she stopped scrambling and crying and I just scooped her up and she was very calm and I was very calm and, no lie, it took me about 20 seconds to untangle BOTH feet, one in the fancy metal thing on the top of the gate and one in between the gate and the pole. Once I was there, she just let me help her and I put her down and I hugged her and rubbed her for like a minute and she was fine. She is so tough and she was fine. I could tell I was her hero all day the rest of the day....I think Calvin just thinks this is life.

Things you shouldn't miss:



to the unknowing eye is Joey in that small cage with the chicken wrapper thingy from the grocery store he just nabbed....only here is there regular garbage and the garbage on the top of the toaster so Joey don't get it...like sandwich wrappers, meat wrappers, paper bags, fast food wrappers, cheese wrappers...the list goes on






No comments:

Post a Comment