"NORMAL AROUND HERE IS JUST A SETTING ON THE DRYER"

Friday, October 9, 2009

help please!





DOG RESCUER NEEDS HELP PLEASE (animal lovers everywhere)


Date: 2009-10-06, 10:30AM EDT



I am a small-time dog rescuer for a few years now just looking to help out a dog when I can. I have a lot of my own dogs and my foster dogs. I stay small-time because I like to deal with just me (and one friend). I do what I can with what I have where I am in a nutshell and I just want it to be....me (and my friend). I know people don't always agree, but I save dogs from the south - little dogs to be exact (because I have a lot of my own mostly rescued dogs already). I believe a dog in need is a dog in need wherever it may be and if I am drawn to saving that dog, I will try my best. I do have to choose wisely because I am just me (and my friend) and I don't have the funds to fix real hardship cases. I wish I did. If I was rich, I would have a fund just for medical for those who deserved it, anyone who deserved it. But I don't have a lot of money, it is just....me (and my friend). So far my friend and I have saved (from certain death, no joke, its very sad) Chico, Murray, Piglet, Jessie, Klondike, Ruby, Roxanne, Sonic, Copper, BlackJack and now Rosie and Cheyenne. That is just the deathrow dogs, we have also taken in many owner surrenders destined for the shelter (not a great place for little dogs) and the dogs I mentioned do not include my friend's dogs she has saved from the south and owner surrenders that I don't recall right now. We're good people just trying to save dogs. Living with as many dogs as I do and working full-time from home (and trying to have somewhat of a life) all at once isn't always easy, but its worth it to me (and my friend). My friend and I ask for no pats on the back, a lick and a wag is enough for me and we never ask for anything more than we need. We make a lot of sacrifices to keep what we got and do what we do, but sometimes we do have to ask for help. Like we did with Scrappy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeGXiSsA4w

SoI have two really sick dogs right now that are going to be just fine because my friend and I will pay for their meds and pay for their spays (and my friend already paid for transport and vaccinations) and we'll get them healthy and I will wake up and care for them every day (as well as many others) and take them to the vet and love them and keep them good dogs until they are ready for their new home and then i will spend time on the computer, time on the phone and time away from home screening their new family - and then we probably won't even come close to breaking even with the adoption fee (not even close), but a lick and a wag is enough for us.

As it goes, we got the "URGENT URGENT WILL DIE THIS THURSDAY 09/17!!!" notice (and that notice is as serious as a heart attack, every breeder and irresponsible owner should see these lists every night before they lay their head down) - we got the death notice and we pulled these two little girls off the edge of the deep dark abyss where we know they don't come back and it plays over and over in your head that you know shouldn't...but you do. I have never had a problem placing a healthy young sweet dog in the tri-state area and, until I do, I will keep trying to save them. No one can judge what seems like a crazy decision, until you walked in the shoes of a person who has looked into the face of a sweet dog you know will die for sure whether it is in your backyard or 500 miles away. I wish I could save the seniors and the special needs, too - but unfortunately they can be hard to place and I feel I have fulfilled my quota here both financially and physically and highly recommend to anyone who has ever considered it to just do it because they didn't ask to get sick or to have special needs and even just helping one every day of its life is so worth it. It is called compassion or waking up and doing that one extra thing to better the life of another who cant do it for themselves and it is good for the soul. I think if a lot more people gave more than they took, this world would be a much better place.

I am an animal rescuer and I need help. Please meet Rosie and Cheyenne. Rosie got a cherry eye and I wanted to see if there were a few kind souls who would like to sponsor Rosie. I think she is young, she seems young like a puppy and she is some sort of dachsund mix or something. She is sweet as pie and I want to fix her eye. I have started a chip-in and anyone who gives here will know its safe through PayPal because it is what I used for Scrappy, it's a great way to keep track of "Rosie's angels" and you can leave comments on the chip-in page, too. I also will update on the Chip-In page with pics and video just like I did with Scrappy (http://www.chipin.com/mypages/edit/id/2d3474650b8b137e) so you can see exactly how you helped. Right now, I just have them in quarantine (sorry) so there isn't too much to video besides two very grateful dogs, but that is really all they can do right now. As you can also see in the video, they are very sweet and happy girls. I am asking you to be a part of the saving of Rosie (and Cheyenne) and fixing Rosie's eye. I will keep track of every penny you gave and every penny I spent on this little girl. I like to use the chip-in so you can see an exact amount I am taking in and where we stand. If you like, just like with Scrappy - you can donate straight to Dr. Moks at Manorville Pet Vet - 20 Ryeseron Ave, Manorville NY 11949. I think it is my moral responsibility to keep everyone who donates completely informed as to where their hard earned money has went - one dog at a time...because like I said, it is just me (and my friend). This being so, I am just asking you to trust me that you will be helping Rosie and I will show you every step of the way. You can see all the dogs I have saved on the same youtube account of the video below - every dog whose title starts with ADOPTED was saved. I know $500 isn't all that much, but its a lot for one person like me and you - so I am just asking anyone who can donate even 5 or 10 dollars, please do. Every single penny counts and we are so grateful for any help offered.

I know after watching this video, some people may think I am nuts, but I don't care. I am glad these two girls didn't have to die and this view I get very morning over the door is all I need to make it worth every tired moment, every vacation not taken, every dinner in a fancy restaurant I will never eat, any beautician's touch that will never happen to my hair or nails totally worth it - the real beauty is right here in these two little dogs' eyes telling me thank you, thank you, thank you........

and that is what I shall say to all who help me help Rosie.........thank you, thank you, thank you.

Here is the video of the two little girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589DNk12ros

CHIP IN: http://thescrappyfund.chipin.com/rosie-the-rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment